Sunday, September 25, 2011

The Seven Day Journey--Week 3 Daily Club Tasks

This was an interesting week. I was able to do something for my self-development club everyday. That really was not interesting enough to blog about. So I want to break all the rules tonight and promote or advertise entities within the bounderies of my life. First one is the organization I'm speaking of: It's Toastmasters..
Next I'd like to give a little shout out to an end of an era. All My Children had it's final televised week. I've been watching that show since I was 13. That was probably only 3 or 4 years into AMC inception. The show has aired for 41 years and I'm 50. The Oprah Show--turning 50--All My Children, all makes 2011 quite memorable..just as 2001 was. This morning my client gave up the fight and left this world.
This week has been filled with challenges to say the least. And boxing them into 7 day increments might really help me put a better perspective on things. Speaking of 7day increments. With all that has happened this week, I didn't think to start another challenge. So we are going to make an adjustment, the timeframe will be from Sunday-Saturday. Also I did not complete an organizational challenge..but instead I started a third one. My closet is still bare..now my room is too. By end of next week both of those items should be handled. But let's get next weeks challenge underway. The seven day journey that starts today...ends saturday will be about reading. Every day I will read articles, books, or stories. I read all the time, but the material I read usually has an agenda attached to it. I will catch up on reading my beginning bloggers different blogs. I will read a book I just have not had time for, and I will read just for fun. That is something I never do anymore. Usually because I can't stay awake. So the challenge really is about carving out some me time that doesn't involve filling my mind with information I will need or use immediately. I really have to go now. I've still got to catch up on some marketing training. Then I will start one of the books on my pile of must read when I have time.

No comments:

Post a Comment