Tuesday, September 6, 2011

The Seven Day Journey-- Week 1f

Blogging daily is harder than it looks. So many topics, not so many willing readers. I'm kind of random and all over the place. That is what I was told, just this morning, by someone I know . The challenge was just about blogging daily. Not about having any organization to my ramblings. So many things happen during the course of the day, my recall of trivial happenings just disappear. When I start this blog weekly, I'll have to keep a daily log or journal. Having to put meaning to 7 days will be hard enough, so best keep a log to help ease that burden. Just one more way to bring consistency to my life. When I refer to an aquaintence or a member of my family, everyone will be referred to as a person I know. That's quite generic and there is no bias or placement of rank and staure of anyone. If you know me, then you know how extremely hard this is going to be. The society from which I have been schooled, assigns labels to everything and everyone. These 7 day challenges stem from the need to make changes, while creating an outlet to practice my writings for the Novel I've got in my head. Maybe tomorrow I will create a story around food and recipes...why not? I love food and recipes and creating cuisine. I use food analogies and metaphors. Dessert, Appetizers, or Cassarole? Healthy or Comfort? Maybe I am going to have to dream about a dinner party you are invited to and what I would serve you.
After reading this, I realize my brain is all over the place. Tomorrow is the last night of daily blog with just noodles in the soup. The 7th of September is tomorrow. I'll probably have something to write about that is tied to my 10 year anniversary of that date. Come back tomorrow and see.

2 comments:

  1. 1. Write 200-300 word shorts on one topic-to get into the habit of writing for a blog.

    2. Visualize who you are writing to-like writing a letter to someone, keeping it short. (The thank you letters, bread & butter type letters.)

    You don't have to post every day. For the challenges, write on 7 topics {something you are interested in} and post each topic on the same day of the week. For instance, in your profile pic, I see collections of candles. Did you design this setting? Where did you come up with the idea for that?

    You are practicing your writing skills and got your first critique. Organization is integral to most projects, not just writing. Use that skill you learned elsewhere in your writing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think have many topics is a bad thing, it means you are diverse and diverse enough to talk about multiple things. To me it keeps it interesting, but hey what do I know, my blog is called Cat Rambles LOL so I tend to do the same.

    Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete