Saturday, September 3, 2011

The Seven Day Journey Week 1c

Today was really not a day like all others. Today I turned fifty. I still have 90 minutes to go. So I'm going to wrap this up pretty quick. There is still time to go out and be a rebel rouser...( Insert laughter here). Today was the tenth anniversary of my 40th birthday. A year I will not soon forget. In fact, I could give you a daily log of what I was doing the first 16 days of September in 2001. Ten years ago for my birthday I was prepared a rocking rib dinner. Tonight I had a wonderful and delicious rib dinner. Ten years ago , I was supposed to be at a premiere hotel on a fabulous island for my 40th birthday. What happened to that plan? Let's just say as you age there are different kinds of momentous occasions. That was the year for one of those occasions. In fact September 2001 was the month of several momentous occasions. If I can say I learned anything from that snippet of time, I would say.... Never take anything or anyone for granted. Leave more than you take. Give as though you will never receive again. Keep the glass full to overflowing. And always take time to watch your grass grow. You will be surprised what you learn about yourself and others when you do that. This is day 3 of my Seven Day Journey Week 1. Come back tomorrow for a report on my outing tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment